If you feel this tip has saved you time or effort, please consider buying us a cuppa coffee to keep things going!
Paint.NET is a fantastic image editing tool for windows machines - it is compatible with XP, Vista and Windows 7 (32bit and x64)
Paint.net homepage: http://www.getpaint.net/
MSI Deployment Guide:
Note: Paint.NET 3.5.5 and higher requires the .NET framework 3.5 sp1 installed on the machines prior to deployment. I have posted a guide to .NET frameworks here
1. Extract Paint.NET.Install.exe from the downloaded .zip file to a location that is easy to get to, e.g C:\PaintdotNET
2. Open a command window by pressing the Windows Key + R, then type "cmd" (without the quotes) into the open box.
3. Create an MSI file with the command: /createMsi /auto e.g C:\paintdotNET\Paint.NET.3.5.10.install.exe /createMsi /auto
After running the command, you will see a new folder called PaintDotNetMsi in the same location as Paint.NET.3.5.10.Install.exe, in it are two files PaintDotNet.x64.msi and PaintDotNet.x86.msi.
4. Copy the x86 (for 32 bit machines) or x64 (for 64 bit machines) to your shared folder where you store your deployment packages
5. Add the msi file(s) to your Software Installation settings of your group policy
Paint.NET Unattended guide: http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/UnattendedInstallation.html